At less than 6 kilometres by car from our hotel you can find Granollers, the most populated city of the regions of the Vallés Oriental, which offers different interesting points touristic both for architecture and nature lovers. Whether to get away, to go with family or friends, Granollers is a perfect city to discover. Places like the Sant Esteve church, the Porxada, the ancient Sant Domènech hospital, the murals and the Granollers Museum are some of the most touristic destination that any visitor should know.
- See more View less
Situated in the North of Barcelona, Granollers is an excellent zone to discover, whether with your family, with friends or in couple. Here are some places that you should not miss:
• La Porxada. It is a Renaissance building constructed between the years 1586 and 1587 to accommodate seed. Restored in various occasions, this is the most emblematic building in Granollers.
• La iglesia de Sant Esteve. Situated in the city centre, this is Granollers largest temple. Its construction dates from the fifteenth century, but had to be rebuilt after the civil war, since only its bell tower had been solved.
• Las murallas. This is one of the most emblematic element in Granollers, which construction started in 1291. Although they were destroyed in the nineteenth century, there is still some ruins in the city because of its cultural and historical interest.
• El antiguo Hospital de Sant Domènech. Restored and converted in the Sala Francesc Tarafa, is a notable example of gothic architecture.
• El museo de Granollers. It has a remarkable diversity, since you can find in it archaeological collections, ethnographic (people and their cultures), numismatic (coins and medals), ancient, modern and contemporary art.
• La Roca Village. It is a shopping centre that reproduces the curious environment of a Mediterranean town. Between its more than one hundred stores, you can find some of the most prestigious fashion brands, at the best prices.
• Espacio natural de Can Cabanyes. The perfect place in which spending a day surrounded by nature. It has a large forested area in which predominate pines and oaks, an environmental education centre and a wetland.
• Espacio natural de la Fuente del Ràdium. Recently recovered, it was one of the Granollers inhabitant’s favourite place for the leisure. It has a seating area and a fountain that imitates the disappeared one after the industrial park construction, which one was famous for the water digestive properties.
• Parques natural del Montseny. This precious mosaic of landscapes has been declared a biosphere reserve. Three are the mountain sets that configurated the massif: for one hand, the del Turó de l'Home hill and las Agudes (1.706 m and 1.703 m), the Matagalls (1.697 m) and, finally, the Pla de la Calma (Puig Drau 1.344 m). In addition, the territory hosts small towns that have an excellent gastronomy offer.
• El Montnegre-Corredor. Over more than 15.000 hectares, it has a vast variety of vegetation thanks to its situation near the sea. The Iberian remains, the Neolithic dolmens and the medieval churches intermingle themselves in a natural environment of forests, crops and farmhouses to become a place that any tourism and nature lover needs to visit.See more View less
It is probable that, after reading everything, you want to discover the city and look for a good option between all the hotels near Granollers. However, you should know than staying in a centrical hotel will be very much expensive than staying in the surroundings, but you will forget the parking problems. Fortunately, Granollers is very near the Augusta Barcelona Vallés Hotel, one of the best options to stay between all the hotels near Granollers to also enjoy the nearby places such as the followings:
• Barcelona: situated at only 20 minutes from our hotel.
• Atella: situated at only 12 km and 15 minutes from our hotel.
• Montserrat: at less than 60 km and 55 minutes by car from our hotel.
• Girona: at about 90 km and 58 minutes from the location of our hotel.
• Port Aventura: at about 130 km and 80 minutes from our hotel.
Augusta Barcelona Vallés Hotel have all the commodities to the client can enjoy a pleasant stay, such as outdoor swimming pool, exclusive parking with video monitoring for our clients, gym or large gardens in which walk. In addition, we are situated in a quiet zone to ensure the good rest of our hosts after a long tourism day.
So, if you want to discover why does our hotel make part of the best appreciated hotels near Granollers, do not think too much and come to meet us.See more View less