Figueres is a place that you simply must visit; aside from the fact that this town is brimming with charm and culture, it’s where Salvador Dalí—one of most famous painters in the world—was born. This has turned it into one of the most important cities in the province of Girona, aside from the hub of the Costa Brava.
Not only do we recommend that you visit the world-renowned Dalí Theatre-Museum and the Dalí Jewels exhibition, but also Sant Ferran Castle, the Church of Sant Pere and the picturesque Toy Museum of Catalonia.
- Our COVID-19 measures info COVID19
Figueres is a place that you simply must visit; aside from the fact that this town is brimming with charm and culture, it’s where Salvador Dalí—one of most famous painters in the world—was born. This has turned it into one of the most important cities in the province of Girona, aside from the hub of the Costa Brava.See more View less
Figueres is simply bursting with monuments full of history and of extremely different artistic styles. Some of them are:
- Sant Ferran Castle, built in 1743 with a perimeter measuring almost 6 km, is one of the most remarkable fortified complexes in the world.
- Located on La Rambla, the Museu del Joguet de Catalunya (the Toy Museum of Catalonia) is a magical place with a collection of more than 4,000 toys from different centuries—some of which belonged to famous people such as Federico García Lorca or Salvador Dalí.
- The Galatea Tower is where Dalí lived during the last years of his life. It is a neoclassical building that was included as part of the Dalí Theatre-Museum after the painter’s death. It is where some of Dalí’s works are found, such as the Mae West Room and the Rainy Taxi. The painter’s remains are found under the museum’s cupola.
- If you're looking for some rest and relaxation, very close to Figueres, you’ll find the Costa Brava where you can explore its many beaches and coves set against a backdrop of breathtaking natural beauty.
- La Garrotxa and the volcanic area of Olot are other areas which are definitely worth a visit.
But Figueres is also considered a mecca for hiking, rock climbing and extreme sports, as it has a wide range of activities available to choose from. You will find further information on these and other sports activities in some hotels in Figueres. What's more, thanks to its proximity to the Catalan Pyrenees, skiing is also one of the most popular activities.
With regard to its culinary offerings, it is worth pointing out that Figueres has a strong culinary tradition, which brings together cuisine from the Pyrenees with its very own to create endless possibilities. This is because Catalan cuisine has managed to successfully combine tradition and innovation to create recipes that no foodie will easily forget.
Hotels in Figueres, the best option?
Its great popularity among tourists is the reason why we can find a wide range of hotels in Figueres. But the downside to staying at a centrally located hotel is how restrictive it can be when you want to explore other areas. This is made patently clear should you wish to visit destinations such as Port Aventura (240 km and almost 2 hours and half away by car) or Montserrat (almost 170 km and 2 hours away by car).
Having said that, if you choose the Augusta Barcelona Vallès Hotel, not only will you be able to enjoy the peace and quiet and beautiful views of our surroundings, but you will also have the perfect jumping-off point to visit most of the major tourist destinations, saving you time in your journeys. Some of them are:
- Barcelona: just 20 minutes away from our hotel.
- Figueres: less than 120 km away and 70 minutes by car from our hotel.
- Montserrat: less than 60 km away and 55 minutes away by car from our hotel.
- Port Aventura: about 130 km away and 80 minutes away from our hotel.
- Girona: about 90 km away and 58 minutes away from our hotel.
For example, you will find it interesting to know that the Augusta Barcelona Vallès Hotel is found halfway between two such delightful and not-to-be-missed places like Figueres and Montserrat. This, along with its proximity to Barcelona and its world-famous Sagrada Família by Gaudí, makes our hotel the perfect choice for tourists who wish to visit each and every tourist spot in our area.See more View less
Our hotel is a great option for those who wish to visit other destinations aside from Figueres, such as Barcelona, Girona, Montserrat or Alella. And thanks to the peace and quiet of our surroundings, you can get some well-deserved rest after your trips and sightseeing activities.
What’s more, to ensure that guests are comfortable and able to enjoy themselves, the Augusta Barcelona Vallès Hotel has a large pool, rest areas to get away from it all, a gym, and free video-monitored parking for our guests’ peace of mind.
It is for all these reasons that the Augusta Barcelona Vallès Hotel is the best option among the wide range of hotels in Figueres for those who wish to visit all the nearby tourist attractions. What are you waiting for? Take advantage of our deals to experience an unforgettable holiday!See more View less