At the Augusta Vallès Hotel, we have a firm commitment to protect the environment. As part of the ongoing process to further reduce CO2 emissions and preserve our natural resources, we have carried out these actions in the following areas:
• Water management. Different measures have been taken to reduce water consumption such as installing smart bathroom fittings, promoting the reduction of consumption among guests, applying gardening techniques adapted to the climate, and employing drip irrigation.
• Reduction of power consumption. Thanks to the use of new technologies (LEDs) in lighting and investments made in highly efficient equipment, it has been possible to reduce power consumption per room by 50%.
• Green energy. Our supplier, Universal Energía (https://universal-energia.com), only supplies green, 100% renewable energy guaranteed by the CNMC.
• Waste management. All waste generated by the hotel is treated separately for better classification by the municipal waste management provider.
• Environmentally friendly cleaning materials: in cleaning rooms, the restaurant, the kitchen, common rooms and areas, biodegradable materials that have neutral environmental impact are used.
• Locally-Sourced Products. At our restaurant, Trànsit, you can give local produce a try (depending on the time of year): Ganxet white beans, honey and eggs from Palou (Granollers), pa de pagès bread from Vilanova, D.O. Alella wines, pometa and cor de bou tomatoes from the Vallès Oriental region, vegetables from Parets, etc.
• Use of stationery products with the Ecological Responsibility seal.
When making any decision, ensuring the safety of workers, guests, users and suppliers always comes first.
• Food. All kitchen and restaurant staff hold food hygiene certificates and receive ongoing training through refresher sessions in this regard.
o We specify which foods may contain allergens and what type of allergen it is.
• Amenities. We care for our guests’ skin, which is why all gels and soaps provided by us as part of the toiletries are made using natural ingredients and are hypoallergenic.
• Occupational safety. The number of workplace accidents that have occurred on our premises is nearly zero thanks to specific training and investment in the most advanced safety measures.
• Fire safety regulations. The hotel has a programme in place to update, renew and adapt its facilities to new fire safety legislation. At present, all of the hotel’s doors are being replaced.